The European Tissue Technical Advisory Group (ETTAG) first met in November 2009. This regional TAG operates under the direction and guidance of the International Tissue Technical Advisory Group (ITTAG).
The purpose of ETTAG is to:
• Assist Member States to implement the Single European Code (SEC) alongside with ISBT 128 for tissue products;
• Contribute towards the international standardization of tissue terminology and product naming;
• Provide advice and support to facilities introducing the ISBT 128 Standard in Europe;
• Advise on the on-going development of the ISBT 128 standard to support new developments in tissue banking in Europe;
• Prepare educational material and tools to support the implementation of ISBT 128 in Europe; and,
• Promote the adoption of the ISBT 128 Standard in tissue banking in Europe.
Summary of Recent Activity
The SEC and incorporation of ISBT 128 in the SEC was discussed. The EU Product Compendium, look-up tool, and ICCBBA standards document regarding the SEC and ISBT 128 have been completed. Use of the SEC will be required on tissue and cell labels in the EU after April 2017, with some exceptions.
ETTAG also discussed the restructuring of bone terminology to fit new agreed nomenclature. The restructuring called for new bone Attribute groups to be added to the Standard Terminology.
No face-to-face meetings are currently scheduled for ETTAG.
• Izabela Uhrynowska-Tyszkiewicz
• Catherine Concaro – Sahlgrenska Universitetssjukhuset
• Ramadan Jashari – European Homograft Bank
• Dorte Kinggaard Holm – Odense University Hospital
• Linda Lodge – Scottish National Blood Transfusion Service
• Monica Mathor – Instituto de Pesquisas Energeticas e Nucleares
• Aurora Navarro – Banc de Teixits
• Andrei Nica – National Transplant Service
• Jacinto Sanchez Ibanez – European Association of Tissue Banks
• Rafael Villalba Montoro – Spain
• Jannine Westby – National Blood Service UK Transplant
• Jørgen Georgsen
• Stella Larsson
• Piotr Bratek
• Geoff Browne
• Jill Davies
• Clement Glinkowski
• Johann Kurz
• Anna Mårtensson
• Björn Nord
• Teresa Oliveira
• Heather Reddy
• Tomasz Wojcicki
• Anne Cathrine Bollerup – The Danish Patient Safety Authority
• Barry Daniels – Global Medical Device Nomenclature Agency
ICCBBA Staff Liaison
• Mónica Freire